Meduit introduced SARA – short for Supervised Autonomous Revenue Associate – a little over a year ago to solve specific revenue cycle task problems. SARA functions with true machine learning and leverages artificial intelligence and robotic process automation to transform the revenue cycle.
Since her launch, SARA has grown from one application to more than a dozen. She’s learning faster than we ever imagined and works 24/7 with no downtime, successfully working one account approximately every 1.5 minutes, and getting faster.
- RETRIEVE granular status of a claim from any payer that provides claim status via their portal, including all major payers, and report status in the patient’s file in Epic, Cerner, Meditech and all major patient accounting systems
- AUTOMATICALLY fill out appeal letters or payer reconsideration forms and eFax or upload the file to the payer as needed to resolve claims
- REVERIFY insurance eligibility, update coverage information and generate a replacement claim
- ASSESS when an adjustment is required and post that adjustment to the claim/line item with the appropriate code and documentation
- UPLOAD medical records to payer portals; when requested, SARA fully notes the patient account in Epic, Cerner, Meditech and all major patient accounting systems.
- IDENTIFY timely filing denials, analyzing the validity of those denials, automatically filing appeal or writing off the claim based on the supporting data.