As we move through the fall season, many states have wrapped up their legislative sessions or are quickly approaching the end of their sessions. Each year we see more states focus on state-level bills that establish regulations designed to further protect individual constituents’ PII, PHI and other data security areas.
This year was no different with five states passing new regulations that each go into effect in 2023. Meduit highly recommends reviewing the details of these new rules with your legal teams if you conduct business with residents of these states.
Here are the five states along with the regulation acronym and the effective date:
- California: CPRA – January 1, 2023
- Connecticut: CPS – January 1, 2023
- Virginia: CDPA – January 1, 2023
- Colorado: CPA – July 1, 2023
- Utah: CPA – December 1, 2023