Meduit’s SARA Family of Web Bots launched approximately six months ago to solve a specific task problem within the revenue cycle for a Meduit client. Her initial task was to retrieve granular status of a claim from a payer via their portal and then report that status back to the patient file.
SARA stands for Supervised Autonomous Revenue Associate. She was built as an autonomous web bot that functions with true machine learning skills. Like all “smart” technologies that leverage artificial intelligence (AI), SARA learns over time, and she is doing so at a faster rate than anticipated while handling more complex challenges.
Since her birth in mid-2020, SARA has gone from one to a dozen applications of her problem-solving AI skills. She completes the work of two to four employees for every 10 working today. For example, with 15 employees working a specific process such as preauthorization or A/R claim status, the addition of SARA to the job would be the equivalent of adding three to six employees to the task.
“In one case study, SARA picked up the work of 10 employees for a single organization and created an annualized value of $500,000 for that provider,” said Jason Petrasich, Senior Vice President of Meduit. “She is able to help generate results faster than ever before by functioning in tandem with staff while absorbing additional workload to keep the momentum going.”
SARA is a revenue cycle game-changer that delivers month after month after month. To date, these are the tasks that SARA has mastered:
- RETRIEVING granular status of a claim from any payer that provides claim status via their portal, including all major payers, and reporting status in the patient’s file in Epic, Cerner, Meditech and all major patient accounting systems
- AUTOMATICALLY filling out appeal letters or payer reconsideration forms and eFaxing or uploading the file to the payer as needed to resolve claims
- REVERIFYING insurance eligibility, updating coverage information and generating a replacement claim
- ASSESSING when an adjustment is required and posting that adjustment to the claim/line item with the appropriate code and documentation
- UPLOADING medical records to payer portals when requested and fully noting the patient account in Epic, Cerner, Meditech and all major patient accounting systems
- IDENTIFYING timely filing denials, analyzing the validity of those denials, automatically filing an appeal or writing off the claim based on the supporting data
- SCRUBBING pre-bill claims to ensure the cleanest possible claim is sent to the payer and that all appropriate and compliant business logic updates to the claim are completed before it is released
SARA is setting a new standard for healthcare AI technologies and solutions. With her accelerated learning ability, imagine what SARA will be able to do in just a few months.
For more information about how SARA helps drive revenue more efficiently, allowing your enterprise to work smarter, visit: https://www.meduitrcm.com/sara/